Supported Learning Courses
Courses for Adults with Learning Disabilities and Learning Difficulties
Our aim is to ensure Supported Learning is a safe and inclusive community that supports and encourages every student to achieve their full learning potential.
We embrace the principles of the SEND code of practice for all our students, respecting and valuing:
- the views, wishes and feelings of our students
- the importance of our students participating as fully as possible in decisions, and being provided with the information and support they need to participate in those decisions
- the need to support our students, in order to facilitate their development and to help them achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, preparing them effectively for life and work
We offer a wide choice of courses, including Digital Skills, English, Maths, Cookery, Life Skills, a range of Arts and Crafts, Fitness, Photography and Drama. Qualification courses are available in English, Maths, IT, Cookery, Life Skills and Enterprise.
We have two Entry Level programmes:
- Learning Choices is a three day a week, accredited 29-week course
- Supported Internships offers a study programme for young people with special educational needs
If you are new to Supported Learning courses, you are very welcome to make an appointment to meet us, see our new purpose-built fully-accessible accommodation, discuss your interests and work out the best options for you.
We are a partner organisation in Bexley Council's Local College First Programme for school leavers with special educational needs. We also have strong links with many other local organisations.