Funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
Priority will be given to adults who do not have any formal qualifications.
These courses aim to encourage inter-generational learning and lead both adults and children to pursue further learning.
Small, friendly classes take place in partnership with schools, nurseries children's and community centres, libraries and our sites across Bexley.
Family English, Maths & Language
These FREE courses will show you how children learn at school and how best to support them; the aim is to improve:
- English, maths, language and IT skills of adults with an opportunity to gain a qualification.
- Adults ability to help their children learn
- Children's English, maths and language skills
Keeping Up With the Children in English/maths/SPaG
These sessions are for parents/carers of children of middle primary age (years 2-4). The emphasis is on modern teaching methods, curriculum content and explaining unfamiliar language.
Skills Check Maths
Extend your Maths skills enabling you to better support your child. You will work towards achieving a recognised qualification and have the opportunity to progress to a higher level.
Wider Family Learning
These courses are a great opportunity for the whole family to learn together; the aim is to improve:
- Skills and knowledge of both adult and child and to offer progression opportunities
- Confidence and self-esteem of both adult and child.
- Positive attitudes towards learning, education and behaviour
Please note: registration fee payable per adult for these courses. Please attend all sessions for which your family is enrolled
Adults may initially enrol on TWO courses in any academic year. However, we will keep your name on a waiting list for further courses and contact you if space is available
- Arts and Crafts - Family Beaadcraft
- Family Fitness
- Languages - Family French / Family Spanish
- Cookery - Cool Cooking
- Parenting courses - for parents of all ages plus Special Educational Needs