Supported Learning for Adults
with Additional Needs
There are many ways in which we can help with support, specialist equipment and volunteers.
If you have any additional needs including a learning disability,
learning difficulty, a physical need or health need, please help us
support your learning.
We can offer you:
- confidential interview with the Learner Support Manager
- help with enrolment
- support during your course
- small friendly classes
- learner support assistants and volunteers
- specialist equipment and software
- loop system
- ICT assessments
- support for exams - access arrangements
- help with access for mobility impaired students
- communication support workers
- taping of sessions - if other students are in agreement
- personal care facilities at Brampton
The College is able to offer free support, from a Learner Support Assistant or Communication Support Worker, for students who have declared a disability for one course, irrespective of the length of course.
If students wish to take more than one course and require support the College can supply a Learner Support Assistant from £11.50 per hour (higher costs apply where specialist skills are required, e.g. sign language). This cost will need to be paid by the student before the course starts, payment options are available.
For further information, a copy of our disability statement, or to discuss your support needs personally, please contact:
Learner Support Manager on 020 8298 2828 / 020 3045 5176